Having re-read Charlie and The Chocolate Factory, I recollected all the memories I had as a child. When I was younger, I was totally immersed in books of all sorts. The first book I was really intrigued with was Roald Dahl's Tales of The unexpected, a gift from my aunt. It was nothing like I've ever read, and that was what sparked my unforgettable journey of all the Roald Dahl classics, including CATCF. I am counting the days to when the movie launches. You should watch it, or read it, because it is absolutely fascinating. Oompa Loompas.... and beyond!

Anyways, Sari (my kid sister) went on a school trip last Thursday and she brought back this goldfish. She named it Nikki (after my persistings on Nicole) but she refers to it by 'him'. However this tiny creature reminds me of this funny story told by my boyfriend. (His name is Hans by the way, so let's leave it at that.) He used to have a pet goldfish swimming by itself in quite a big tank so he went and bought a bigger fish, I can't remember what it was. He said that this bigger fish wanted to eat this goldfish and only managed to suck its eyes out. (I was laughing at this point.) I laughingly asked if that goldfish died. He answered a NO and looked at me like I was stupid. Given his dead serious face, I immediately roared with laughter trying to imagine that stupid fish swimming around blindly. And my Hans simply added up the story by ending it with: Yah. It swum around just hitting the tank walls. (After this episode, we got into a fight, because I jokingly asked him if he flushed it down the toilet, that's what people normally do right? And he said he gave it a proper burial. I laughed at him and he said I was insensitive.)
On Saturday morning, my mum and I went to the maid agency to confirm the arrival of our new Indonesian domestic. Our current one is leaving for her homeland Sri Lanka in two weeks' time. She has been with us for 2 years, but I've never been real close to this one, not like my other maids before, so I'm not really feeling anything about this situation.
I met up with Fara, my cousin in the evening and we went to the Esplanade, they were having loads of bands playing under the night sky. Love Me Butch from Malaysia was totall awesome! And their performance was highlighted by fireworks, which really was a sight to behold. But it was quite depressing for me, because I used to go to these events with some of my other friends, and they've all gone to serve the country. Azard was like totally out since last Friday and don't tell him I said this, but I do miss him much.
I bought the new Black Eyed Peas album Monkey Business and it's awesome. I have new love for Fergie.

