God, I have so much to say, like always, and finally today, I have the time and the resources to do it! It has been a while since my last few posts and that's mainly because my laptop crashed and guess what? It has been... since about two months back. I have been procrastinating to fix it and finally, after much arguing and persuasion from paying internet customers back at home, I'm sending it for servicing in the evening, accompanied by my boyfriend, who insists on coming along in case another man tries to intercept his game.
Actually, by not repairing the laptop sooner means heaven for you readers, because if I had my way, I would have nauseated you guys with unneccesary stories about my current relationship. It might have been like a rollercoaster ride, all the ups and downs and the whirls and spirls (is that an actual word?). Speaking of which, I may have been wrong about this whole thing with the permissiveness and everything. I don't know. I'm still confused. Haha!! Maybe it's just me missing my single life. We are now moving on to the second trimester of this journey. (But I could be wrong about that calculation, seeing how I'm no expert on pregnancy.)
So anyways, someone asked me to change my profile photo, since I have changed my hair colour. Again. I now realised that since graduating from secondary school (it has been 4 years down the road already now, how time really flies) I have been experimenting with my hair. I dyed it a timid brown the first time, then I coloured it a darker red,and then I had my hair on an even lighter amber brown, and then I had streaks of dark blonde and now I highlighted it a lighter blonde. I'm a blonde now, I guess. Haha! Oh my god, I forgot to mention that I also coloured my hair purple at one period of time, but it was a 3D colour so it was only visible under light. And in between these dye jobs, I can't recall how many times I cut my hair, trimmed it, curled it and straightened it! And now I'm sporting eyebrow-length bangs, although I'm trying to quickly outgrow it, because I have a feeling it doesn't go down well with my face.
And did I mention I'm having green eyes now, to go with the hair? Hahah! Hahaha! Sometimes I feel as though I'm trying to run away from my asian heritage, but the reason as to why I'm doing it totally escapes me. If a person truly knows me well, that person will tell a stranger that I'm into the western scene, albeit the drugs and sex part. Wait a minute. Drugs and sex are now asia's scene as well, so...what the hell? Liz once said (ok, not once, but many a times, and it wasn't only her who said it) that I have an identity crisis. Me? Confused? Well, you can say that I guess.
I mean, they talk about progressing forward and modernising ourselves. Go with the flow, they said. Hell, if I wanted to go with the flow, I'd become a fish! (copyrighted from someplace.) If you thought about it properly, isn't modernising ourselves indirectly pointing us towards the west? Modernising our clothes ---> Baju Kurung to dresses and pants and blouses.
Modernising our music ---> Folklore to r&b/ hip hop/ pop/ punk
Modernising our speech ---> Mother tongues to english
I could continue, you know, if you wanted me to, because I had about half an hour's time thinking about it sitting in the bathroom the other day. Or maybe I'm just being stupid.
Anywaaaays, these days I'm just whiling my days away at home, watching reruns and rented dvds from the shop downstairs. Imagine. The other day I burnt away $22 at the shop. The owner must have been laughing all the way to the bank (which is near his shop, so I guess he only chuckled for a few minutes). Considering business is awfully good, he must be pretty happy. He stays in my building, I found out another day, so I guess he has his meals at home then. Saves a lot, don't you think so. Which makes me mad. Because during the three month stint I was attached to a crappy computer repair shop, I burnt almost half my pay on lunch. Ergh. Let's not talk about this because just thinking about those three hellish months enrages me somehow!
So I have yet to get a job. I'm just wasting my time, getting fat being a couch potato, wandering around aimlessly with my pals and chalking up the telephone bills. I am about a few hundred dollars in debt to the phone company, goddamn it, and so far I have successfully hidden this information from the folks. Hahaha! Speaking about pals, did I mention that I had an estranged best friend?
[ back home ]
Comments for
