Sunday, May 01, 2005
Ore : 9:40 pm

The party was a great success. Despite waking up to a slight fever, I managed to help around the house before the kids arrived. And when they did, my god, it was madness all through the afternoon!

Mom bought these temporary hairsprays and the
kids sported orange and purple heads. They were so excited, finally getting to taste the freedom of having coloured hair, even if it was only for a few hours. (some of them washed it off before going home!) The house was crammed with kids and they created such a din that I was half hoping the neighbours would call the cops in. But god, can these kids make me howl with laughter!

They were so psyched up for the
games, and it was utter mayhem when it came to Musical Chairs. They pushed and shoved each other like a wild pack of wolves! It was such an entertaining event that they put up. (my childhood chair broke in the process!)

Before playing, they were asked to eat, and god, can they eat! Most finger foods were gone by the time I finished the first
round of drinks. Thank god we had food enough for a battalion. And then we had cake and desserts. After that, the kids broke into their own cliques and just hung aroung. I spoke to some of them and were pleased to find out that kids now and then hadn't changed a bit. (there were a couple of cute kids and well, I got a bit biased at some points.)

I was nevertheless relieved when the last groupd trotted out of the place. I finally had the chance to clean up the hall. (I am a stickler for these things, and they did make such a mess!) So I tidied up the place (earning brownie points from my parents and the relatives!) when Mom's bestfriend came with an unknown teen in tow! My boy-radar was immediately switched on! (haha! god, what a lamer.)

In case you didn't know, Mom's BFF has a daughter and she is in the same
school as me. It's funny because we are the same age, and share the same birthday too! That night, I spent my whole time with her, just chatting and talking about our lives. It had been such a long time since we had a heart-to-heart talk. It was a nice feeling actually. And then I asked about the boy.

He looked about my age, but too bad, he was only 16. He was so cute! Danial was actually her estranged brother I had been hearing about. He was friendly, a bit shy at first, almost seemed frightened to look at me (most probably because I was toying with the idea of eating him whole!) But he opened up later on, and we hit it off great. (hahaha. hahahah. hahahhah.) God, he's so young. So wasted.


xxSighxx

posted by WINI - THE - MEANIE at 9:40 pm | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for
About me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

a complete paranoid who thinks too much about unnecessary things.