Flag Day wasn't so bad. I got the donation bag and immediately stuffed it into mine. We went for breakfast before heading to City Hall. Guess what? Fairuz the Shadow was lurking around again. But we managed to shake him off after half an hour of playing police and thief.
So we (Liz, Azri and I) met up with Din and Fie and walked all the way to Liang Court. It was a humid day and I was sweating bucketloads despite attempting to cool myself with the foldable fan I brought along. Anyway we had to walk through an underpass which had this nasty smell, so bad that Din and Liz ran all the way. There was a man who was either stuck on the ground, or lying dead unnoticed, because we made a lot of noise but he didn't move. Maybe he died from the smell. (LOL)
The coffee presentation at Starbucks was nice. We learnt how to judge a coffee by its smell and taste (black coffee is one nasty bitch) and we were served milk and oj and some breads (there's this one called monkey bread which was superb, remind me to ask Liz about that). And then we recieved a bag of coffee beans.
Next we walked to Raffles City. We had to go through that underpit of an underpass again, and stopped to watch three people take the reverse bungee thingy, and we walked through Boat Quay. Liz and Din went around the area to get donations while the rest of us relaxed at Delifrance, where we took photos and cracked jokes. Soon after we went back to Tampines to return the bags, mine of which was an empty one, lest for that dollar the Starbucks manager chipped out. (LOL)
I trudged home, took a cold shower and went to sleep like a baby.
[ back home ]
Comments for
