The construction men arrived this morning and went on to make a partition, separating my dining room from the study area. My brother will finally have a room to call his own. I am so freaking jealous. I never had, nor will never, a room of my own. I am currently sharing a room with my sister, and then I'll probably share a room with my future husband. Ergh.
So I was planning to paint my room a raspberry colour for this Hari Raya. Actually, as the years go by and I get older, Hari Raya has never been but a mere public holiday for me. I no longer regard it as a wow day anymore, I'm not sure why. The folks were planning to shift some stuff around the house, like they do every year, and buy new things to replace the old. I guess this year should be a special one for them. Project Milap. (Hahahaha! Excuse the private joke.)
I haven't chose the cloth and materials for my my Hari Raya outfit. Yes kids, we are in the majority where we plan Hari Raya months in advance. My mum advised me to not procrastinate in buying things like last years. There was a year, I remembered, where I dragged Jack all over the place to buy a pair of shoes. It was the night before Hari Raya and because I was a fussy shopper, it was luck that helped me get the perfect heels. And then there was another year where I hadn't gotten a bag and as the last resort, had to ask my mum to grab me one from the bloody Geylang Bazaar. You can imagine my horror the next morning when I saw the bag! My mum scolded me when I tried to whine. (Hah!)
Anyways I can't wait to break fast with my friends again. I had so much fun the last time!
