Yesterday I was finally able to unleash my desire for shopping. Fara and I scooted off to Bugis for lunch (my god, the carrot cake at RMH Banquet was to die for!) and then we made our way to Parco. Fara couldn't find the Nike bag that she wanted so she settled for a tee from PMK instead.
I wasn't able to find a suitable bag for myself because I am a very fussy person. And because I was also distracted by the incessant phone calls from the boyfriend, who was always asking for my exact location and future destinations. At one point, my cell phone was going off at every five minutes, and I had to quietly strain my voice and growled for him to leave me alone. And whaddya know kids! He was basically about a level below from where we were. He called to let me know that he walked right past me and I didn't even notice. He said it was because my face was exact to that of a snob who thinks other people ceast to exist. I retorted that it was a good thing for him; such that I won't look at other guys. (Lame, but quick thinking, girl!) Anyways the last time I was caught in the neo print frenzy was when I was in Sec 4, but I just couldn't resist myself last night! It used to cost only 4 bux, but you couldn't get it for less than 6 bux nowadays! That's us, looking like FREAKs FREAKs FREAKs FREAKs.
Preparez Vous Au Combat!
We also caught the local flick The Maid, which was supposedly to be scary, but this is my personal review of the movie:
The experience was something similar to having bagged the last order of fries, only to have them knocked off by some inconsiderate moron. Some scenes were good I guess, but when the main point of it was repeated again and again for scary effects, it just gets old. Maybe the sound effects were better, but as I mentioned, when it gets repeated over and over for several other scenes, it just gets lame. In the end, instead of leaving the theatre with a well-spent evening, it turned out to further confirmed my doubts about local-produced films such as these.
Rate: 1/4 slurps of Minute Maid.

