This afternoon, I succumbed to my feelings. It has been trying for me this fasting season because I made a promise to myself to strictly adhere to discipline, but alas, I was made to confront my denial of weakness. Emotions were never really a strong point for me.
Anyways, it was a losing battle for me at the dinner table this evening. My eyes bestowed on a grand feast in front of me. Unfortunately, I always felt full after a small meal these days, and so the seafood menu that I requested upon tonight was a complete waste of desire, which was a relief actually, because I would have embarked on a long night of swollen lips. It is such an irony, I used to complain, that a seafood lover like myself, have got allergies to the very thing that makes her happy.
Fara and Bob made their presence known at the table, judging from how my father insistently chatted about general commentaries and such, which I knew were unnessecary, but to him it was a mere gesture of welcoming guests.
A while later, I had a slight shock. I was coming out of my room when I mistook Jack for his older brother. It was rare to see him nowadays, what more in my own house. The last time I saw Abang Aziz, it was weeks ago.
Crumbling cookies. Hrpmh.
I am dreaming of blueberry muffins. I did a batch last week and funnily enough, I got tipsy. I thought I was imagining it, until Fara got tipsy too. My mum as well. So it definately was the muffins. I don't care. Betty Crocker Blueberry Muffins so rock my world!
Oh yes. I heard of some very interesting news just now.
Catch me, catch me, catch me if you caaaaaaaaaaan.
